Oil on canvas, 69cm by 91.5cm.
The Feast of the Redentore began in 1576 as a celebration of thanks for the end of a particularly terrible outbreak of plague which killed 50,000 Venetians, amongst whom was Titian.
The great Palladian church of Il Redentore was built on the Giudecca, and consecrated in 1592, fulfilling a promise made by the Doge.
Every year, on the third Sunday in July, the Feast is still celebrated, with Venice en fête, and massed fireworks to end the day.
The artist was known as an itinerant painter of vedute, landscapes, capriccios and frescoes.