Categories: Ceramics |

A Tournai biscuit group of a shepherd and shepherdess, ‘La Déclaration’, circa 1770.

The shepherdess reclines against a flowering tree support with a lamb in her lap, while her companion, seated beside her on a flower-encrusted, rockwork base, reaches for his bagpipes. The group is 24cm. in height.
Porcelain was made at the factory in Tournai, Belgium from about the mid 18th Century until the mid 19th Century.

REFERENCE: CER0694

Related collections