A pair of celadon-glazed double gourd ewers, circa 1660/1680.

The ewers, which are 24.7cm in height, are decorated in overglaze enamels, including iron-red, cerulean, turquoise-green and black. Each is painted with prunus branches running over both bulbs, terminating immediately below the narrow cylindrical neck which is encircled by a collar of stiff leaves. The spout and handle are painted with floral motifs and the neck, spout and foot are applied with Dutch silver-gilt mounts.

REFERENCE: CER0307

Related collections