The helmet-shaped ewer and the stand are both decorated overall with Deutsche Blumen upon a moulded basketweave ground.
They carry the mark of the blue crossed swords and the impressed numerals 26/27.
The Meissen factory was the first in Europe to make hard paste porcelain.
Production began in 1710 and the mark of the blue crossed swords was first introduced in 1720 to protect the factory’s production.
It is now one of the oldest trademarks in existence.