The vase-shaped egg boiler is on a shaped square plinth with ball feet and four lion’s paw supports and the ring handles are headed by lion’s masks. The cover has an hour glass bracket and the boiler itself sits above a vase-shaped lamp. It is engraved with the Cecil crest below an earl’s coronet. It carries the mark of William Pitts and Joseph Preedy of London, 1799. Both men are known individually for their exceptional silverware, but their partnership from 1791 to 1799 produced some of the finest silver of the late 18th Century.