With six facet-cut scrolling arms alternating with pendant arms, variously set with spires and stars and hung with drops.
Fitted into a mirrored cut-glass bowl beneath a bauble and drop-hung corona, with a cut glass base finial beneath another drop-hung corona, 98cm.
In the early 1980s the chandelier was discovered in pieces in two boxes in one of the garages at Burghley.
It was cleaned, restored and reassembled and placed in the Brown Drawing Room, as seemingly the most obvious place for it to hang.
Amazingly, some time later, when the 1804 Inventory was being referred to for something else, it was discovered that the Brown Drawing Room was exactly where the chandelier had originally hung!
The 1804 Burghley Inventory records: No. 40, Brown Drawing room, ‘a 6 light glass Chandelier.’