A composite Chelsea/Derby part dessert-service, circa 1769-1830.

The bough pot is one of eight, the tapered pots, two of eleven, part of a dessert-service which also comprises: ice pails, plates and dishes of various shapes and sizes, some with printed marks in red. They were made by the Chelsea/Derby factory over an extended period between 1769 and 1830. The broad band of oeil de perdrix (partridge eye) decoration, and the gilding, reflect the contemporary influence of Sèvres upon the Chelsea/Derby output.

REFERENCE: CER0016

Related collections