The bottle, of flattened flask form, carries on one side the image of a couple, thought to be based on one in a painting called ‘La Cascade’ by Antoine Watteau (1684-1721).
The reverse has a village scene with a pedlar in the foreground; both images surrounded by bianco-sopra-bianco scroll and diaper.
The stopper is in the form of a chained bird. 9cm high.
Decorative enamelled wares were produced in Bilston in the west Midlands from about 1750; the main period of production between 1760 and 1790.